Coronavirus (COVID-19): Let us stay ALERT, not ANXIOUS, during the pandemic
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has now been officially labeled a PANDEMIC.
This is a serious matter and we believe it's the case where everyone needs to do their part to successfully combat this disease.
What is Coronavirus:
“Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
What should we do?
1. Wash your hands frequently (and properly!)
2. Maintain social distancing
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth as well as commonly touched surfaces
4. Practise respiratory hygiene & educate your children on proper hygiene practices.
5. If you have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, seek medical help
6. Get QUALITY information
7. DO NOT PANIC: stay alert, not anxious.
Will I get infected from ordering items online?
According to the World Health Organization, it is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other coronaviruses. Studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. This may vary under different conditions (e.g. type of surface, temperature or humidity of the environment).
- NSW Government Health: COVID-19 - Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s protect ourselves and others from getting sick.
Let’s all do our part in at least slowing down the spread of the COVID-19.
Together, we will get through this!
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Australia: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- New South Wales: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
- Northern Territory: https://securent.nt.gov.au/
- Queensland: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19
- Tasmania: https://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/communicable_diseases_prevention_unit/infectious_diseases/coronavirus
- Western Australia: https://healthywa.wa.gov.au/coronavirus
- Victoria: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus